Monday, June 13, 2011

Flowers in Your Seat

I’ve always loved rustic old country landscaping pieces and for over a year now I’ve been eyeing old half dilapidated chairs at a local flea market (usually priced between $20 - $30).  Being as frugal as I am, I couldn’t come to terms with paying that much money for something that would probably fall apart with the next big windstorm.  You can only imagine how ecstatic I was to find this beauty tagged on a yard sale for $5.

In the midst of my excitement and my husband’s continued begging of me not to buy another project (I currently have 5 or 6 things stacked neatly in our garage awaiting some attention) I managed to contain my overjoyed expression and bargain the owner down to $3.  Yes $3, grant you a tag still placed on the chair showed it had been originally tagged $24 in a flea market!!  SCORE
Still being cheap, I refused to pay $10 or $15 for a pan or pot for the center of the chair that still would not fit perfectly.  After a little creativity and hard work from my wonderful husband, a custom planter box was made to fit the chair for under $6.  Below is the finished product, now all that waits is potting soil, flowers and a resting place next to my shed in the backyard. 

2 comments:

  1. congrats on getting the blog up and running!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I'm excitied. THanks for the help and encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete